Beverly Hills Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Fighting for Victims of Bicycle Injuries in Los Angeles
Have you or a loved one been injured in a bicycle crash in the Beverly Hills area? At Levitt, Leichenger & Aberle LLP, our team of bicycle accident lawyers can help you file your claim and will fight for your right to maximum compensation. Don’t let the insurance companies fool you into thinking your accident is worth only a small settlement. Our legal team will calculate exactly how much you need to pay off all your accident-related expenses so you can focus on making the best recovery possible.
Call (323) 524-2400 or contact us online to book your free and no-obligation case evaluation today with a bicycle accident attorney in Beverly Hills at Levitt, Leichenger & Aberle LLP. Se habla Español.
Bicycle Accident Data
In California, and especially in major cities such as Los Angeles, cyclists are a common sight. The low cost, environmental friendliness, and other perks of using bicycles make them a great alternative to cars, motorcycles, and other motor vehicles. However, statistically, they tend to be far more dangerous as well.
Bicycle accident statistics to be aware of in California include:
- In California, the 2016-18 rate of fatal bicycle crashes was at its highest for any three-year period since the mid-1990s according to California Healthline.
- Between 2015 and 2019, there were 18,656 bicycle collisions in LA County, according to UC Berkeley. The county with the second-highest number was Orange, with 5,805 bike accidents during that same period.
- Los Angeles County also has the highest number of bicycle fatalities. Between 2016 and 2018, 106 cyclists were killed in the area compared to Sacramento’s (the second highest) 47.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
The same issues that endanger motorcyclists are present with bicycle riders as well. Cyclists are even more exposed to injury than motorcyclists and are more sensitive to road faults. The handling of a bicycle is less stable than a motorcycle, and the ability to take evasive action is often less than that of a motorcycle, given the much slower speed available to the cyclist. Sadly, many bicycle accidents are caused by motorists, meaning that even though the cyclist is rarely at fault, it is generally them who suffer far worse injuries in a crash.
Factors that regularly lead to bicycle crashes include:
- Speeding, turning without signaling, tailgating, and other reckless driving.
- Motorists not looking out for cyclists while behind the wheel. Even those who are in parked vehicles may cause a door collision if a bicyclist collides with a car door that is suddenly opened in front of them.
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Distracted driving, such as texting while driving, eating while driving, and more.
- Not following traffic laws, signs, or signals. One tricky situation is if the driver has a stop sign, but the bicyclist does not. In this scenario, the bicyclist may pass through the intersection, however a driver may fail to see the bicyclist causing a crash.
Bicycle riders possess all the rights and responsibilities of motor vehicle drivers. They are subject to the same rules of the road and have an equal right to be on those roads, and other drivers must be attentive and drive with the appropriate caution around them. If both cyclists and motorists were more vigilant on the road, the number of accidents would surely decrease.
Were you injured in a bicycle accident? Choose the experienced lawyers at Levitt, Leichenger & Aberle LLP. Call (323) 524-2400 to schedule a free consultation.
Damages Bicycle Accident Victims Can Recover
Any losses, financial or otherwise, you suffered because of a crash are known as “damages.” Damages will be assigned a monetary amount and paid to you in the event you win your case.
When you file a bicycle accident claim, you must be able to show which expenses were necessary and relevant to your accident. Make sure to save all accident-related bills, receipts, correspondence, and any other information you believe may help with your bicycle accident claim.
Damages you may be able to recover after filing a bicycle accident claim include:
- All reasonable and relevant medical expenses, including hospital bills, surgical costs, physical therapy, counseling, and more.
- Lost wages, property damage (such as repairing your bicycle), and other relevant expenses.
- Pain and suffering, such as PTSD, mental anguish, and other non-monetary damages.
- Compensation for funeral, burial, and other relevant expenses in the event of wrongful death.
Contact Our Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Beverly Hills Today!
Dealing with legal matters is rarely easy, especially when you’ve suffered from serious injuries and other hardships following an accident you didn’t cause. At Levitt, Leichenger & Aberle LLP, we are dedicated to fighting on behalf of the wrongfully injured because we believe that the victim shouldn’t be held responsible for their own damages or cheated by insurance companies. If you were injured in a biking accident retain the legal help you deserve. Reach out to experienced Beverly Hills bicycle crash lawyers to discuss your case.
To set up your free consultation, contact us now. ¡Hablamos Español! Levitt, Leichenger & Aberle LLP is here for you. Speak with a bicycle accident lawyer in Beverly Hills.