Beverly Hills Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyers
Fighting for Victims of Rideshare Accident Injuries
The Beverly Hills Uber and Lyft accident attorneys at Levitt, Leichenger & Aberle LLP represent those in Los Angeles and the Southern California region involved in car accidents involving a rideshare vehicle. In recent years, ridesharing has become one of the go-to forms of transportation. With the rideshare business growing so rapidly, accidents involving Lyft and Uber drivers while carrying passengers is on the rise. Unfortunately, these passengers can become injured during a rideshare accident, through no fault of their own. If you have been involved in a rideshare accident, you may be able to receive compensation for your injuries and the damages you have suffered.
What If I’m In a Wreck While In An Uber?
When you are involved in an accident, no matter who’s fault it is, you have a responsibility to get the information of the parties involved.
If you happen to be involved in a rideshare accident as a passenger for Uber or Lyft, here is what you should do:
- Get the names, contact information, and insurance policies of everyone involved.
- Talk to any witnesses and write down/record their statements and get their information.
- Take photos, of both vehicles, at all angles and of anything relative (for example, if a light pole or a fire hydrant is involved)
- If the police or ambulance wasn’t already called, call them.
Do Lyft & Uber Compensate Accident Victims?
While it is possible to receive compensation from Uber or Lyft following a rideshare accident, there are several factors that go into determining liability. Rideshare giants have successfully lobbied to have their drivers remain classified as “independent contractors” meaning that Uber and Lyft can escape liability in most cases.
However, Uber and Lyft do offer insurance coverage of the at-fault motorist doesn’t have adequate insurance to compensate victims for their injuries under the following circumstances:
- When a rideshare driver is logged into their Uber or Lyft app but hasn’t yet accepted a ride request, the rideshare companies provide liability coverage for any accident that’s the fault of the driver up to $50,000 per person and $100,000 total liability per accident.
- When the driver has accepted a trip and is on their way to the pick-up stop, liability coverage increases to $1 million.
- When a customer is in a rideshare driver’s car, liability coverage of up to $1 million applies, plus limited coverage for damage to the driver’s car and uninsured motorist coverage.
- If you are struck by a rideshare driver who isn’t logged into the Uber/Lyft app, no insurance coverage is provided.
The bottom line is that you must first file a claim with the rideshare driver’s personal auto insurance policy and exhaust the available coverage offered there before even attempting to involve Uber or Lyft. Our rideshare lawyers in Beverly Hills can help you determine how to best file a claim to ensure you receive the full amount of compensation you deserve.
Who is At Fault in a Rideshare Collection?
If a passenger is injured during a rideshare accident, who is at fault? When the person driving is hired by a company, such as Uber or Lyft, it can become trickier to figure out how to handle the case.
- If you are the passenger of the rideshare and are injured from the crash, you may be covered by the driver’s insurance.
- If the person driving the non-rideshare car caused the accident, you might have to get their information and go through a third-party claim. If the other driver is uninsured, rideshare companies have policies in place to cover their passengers when collisions happen with non-insured third parties.
How We Can Help Settle Your Rideshare Claim
Being injured in a rideshare accident can have a major impact on your life, and you have the right to seek compensation for your pain and suffering, including the following:
- Emergency costs, such as a trip to the E.R. in an ambulance
- Medical bills, including any doctor’s appointments, surgery, and physical therapy
- Lost wages from time away from work
- Pain and suffering
Call (323) 524-2400 For A Free Consultation
At Levitt, Leichenger & Aberle LLP, our personal injury attorneys in Beverly Hills understand the challenges and complexities presented by rideshare accident claims. Our Beverly Hills Uber & Lyft accident attorneys can help you pursue fair compensation and are unafraid of going against companies like Lyft and Uber if necessary. We are ready to fight for the compensation you deserve and help you get through these trying times.
If you have suffered as a result of a rideshare company, such as Uber or Lyft, contact the Beverly Hills law firm of Levitt, Leichenger & Aberle LLP to discuss your case. Our lawyers speak Spanish!