Beverly Hills Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Fighting for the Rights of Injured Bikers in Los Angeles
Have you been injured in a motorcycle crash in the Los Angeles area? Or has a loved one suffered severe injuries or been killed in an accident? At Levitt, Leichenger & Aberle LLP, our motorcycle accident lawyers in Beverly Hills have years of experience standing up for injured bikers as well as the families of those who have been tragically killed. We understand the ins and outs of a motorcycle accident claim and can help you obtain the maximum amount of compensation you and your family deserve. Don’t settle for a low insurance settlement or try to handle the claim on your own when you’re already in pain or grieving—reach out to our dedicated legal team for the representation you deserve.
Call (323) 524-2400 or contact us online to set up your free, no-obligation case evaluation with a Beverly Hills motorcycle accident attorney at Levitt, Leichenger & Aberle LLP. ¡Hablamos Español!
Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Motorcycle accidents are among the most injurious and deadly traffic accidents. Both bikers and motorists—as well as pedestrians and others who share the road—should be aware of each other at all times to best avoid a crash.
Motorcycle crash numbers to be aware of include:
- In 2017, motorcycle crash fatalities occurred almost 27 times more frequently than passenger vehicle occupant fatalities in traffic crashes nationwide per vehicle miles traveled, as reported by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- According to the San Gabriel Valley Tribune, California ranks in the top 15 of the 50 states in motorcycle accident fatalities.
- Motorcycle deaths in the state accounted for 15.1% of total traffic accident deaths in 2016.
- Nationwide, the number of motorcycle fatalities went from 2,320 in 1994 to 5,286 in 2016. In 2018, this number decreased, but 4,985 bikers still lost their lives.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Crashes
Serious personal injury or wrongful death is all too likely for a motorcyclist involved in a serious crash, whether a collision with a car, truck, or van, or single-vehicle accident with injuries sustained from colliding with the roadway, tree, or embankment. Even when helmeted, head and neck injuries are common results of impacts with vehicles or flipping over the bike.
The most common causes of motorcycle accidents include the negligence of another driver who does not see the motorcycle or does not give the motorcycle sufficient space to maneuver. Road conditions are another serious hazard for the motorcyclist. Motorcycles are much more sensitive to road defects and debris than cars and trucks and can easily lose control when encountering these hazards. Construction worksites are especially dangerous because of the likelihood of debris on the roadway, ungraded pavement or other rough surface, and less room to maneuver or take evasive action.
If your accident was caused by a third party, you can bring a claim against them if you can prove fault. Reach out to a motorcycle accident lawyer in Beverly Hills.
- A driver with alcohol in their system hit you from behind when failing to stop in time, so you file a claim with their insurance company for damages.
- A government agency designed a road badly or failed to maintain it, leading you to crash.
- A truck driver swerved into your lane unexpectedly, causing you to veer off the road and suffer injuries.
- A construction crew failed to properly clear a roadway at night, so you bring a claim against the construction company in charge of the repair work to pay for your injuries.
Common Motorcycle Injuries
A majority of motorcycle injuries turn turn severe or catastrophic because there are no enclosures to protect the rider.
Victims of motorcycle accidents may sustain injuries such as:
- Broken bones or fractures
- Head trauma
- Internal injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Road rash
- Spinal cord injuries
What Should I Do After a Motorcycle Accident?
If you find yourself in a motorcycle crash, you should the following as soon as possible:
- Call an ambulance to the scene if immediate medical attention is required; if not, head to the doctor as soon as you leave the crash scene to get your injuries treated.
- Take pictures from multiple angles of the crash scene, as well as of any property damage and injuries.
- File a police report with the authorities.
- Contact your insurance company to inform them of the crash, but don’t sign or agree to any settlement offers yet.
- Book a free case evaluation with a motorcycle accident lawyer near you to learn about your rights and legal options.
What Can a Motorcycle Crash Attorney Do?
In all the above instances, a motorcycle accident attorney can help calculate your damages, investigate the accident scene, collect relevant evidence, and properly file any required paperwork to ensure your claim is done as correctly and effectively as possible. Though you can file a claim without legal representation, having a lawyer on your side gives you a much better shot at obtaining the maximum amount of compensation you are entitled to. If you were injured during a motorcycle collision, get in touch with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Beverly Hills at Levitt, Leichenger & Aberle LLP.
We Will Fight for Your Right to Just Compensation
Suffering an injury in a motorcycle collision can be a painful and stressful event, to say the least. At Levitt, Leichenger & Aberle LLP, we understand how challenging filing a claim can be on top of doing your best to recover. Let our experienced Beverly Hills motorcycle accident lawyers handle the legal aspects of your claim while you focus on your health and wellbeing. While we will never keep you in the dark concerning the details of your case, we can handle any legal paperwork, investigations, and negotiations required to ensure you receive the maximum compensation possible. We are even willing to go to court on your behalf if necessary.
Call (323) 524-2400 or fill out our online form to get in touch with a motorcycle accident lawyer in Beverly Hills. Levitt, Leichenger & Aberle LLP is here for you. Our services are available in Spanish!