Beverly Hills Truck Accident Lawyers
Representing Victims of Serious Traffic Injuries Since 1995
If you or a loved one has recently been injured or killed in a truck accident, you understand the devastating toll such a catastrophic event can have on your life, health, and wellbeing. Truck accidents often have a more severe impact on occupants of passenger and commercial vehicles other than the truck due to the latter’s immense size and weight. The results often include long-term if not permanent disability and death.
At Levitt, Leichenger & Aberle LLP, our Beverly Hills truck accident attorneys have successfully resolved numerous claims involving individuals who have been severely injured or killed in such crashes. We understand how to investigate an accident scene, collect relevant evidence to support your claim, calculate the total amount of losses you have suffered, and negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf.
Insurance companies often try to protect their bottom line by offering a quick settlement to close out your claim as soon as possible. Yet, when serious injury and death are involved, the first settlement offer is rarely enough to pay for damages, especially since your expenses can continue to accumulate for the rest of your life. Our legal team will do whatever it takes to ensure you are fairly compensated now and into the future.
To speak with one of our truck accident lawyers during a free consultation, call (323) 524-2400 or contact our firm online. Se habla Español.
Common Causes of Truck Collisions
Numerous events can lead to a truck crash on California’s highways. Truckers work long hours, and often drive fatigued or under the influence of stimulants as a result. Driving across unfamiliar terrain or in inclement weather can also affect a trucker’s ability to operate their vehicle properly.
Other common causes of truck accidents include:
- Poorly designed, constructed, or maintained roads and highways
- Improperly loaded cargo that shifts or spills during transit
- Driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Distracted driving, speeding, or other reckless driving
- Other motorists driving in a truck’s large blind spots
- A tire blowout, engine failure, or other equipment malfunction
As you can see, liability can potentially fall on several individuals or entities, such as the truck driver, the loading company, the truck’s manufacturer, a government agency, and several more. We will help you determine which party or parties are responsible to ensure you seek compensation from the at-fault party.
Types of Truck Accidents
Some of the most common and devastating types of truck crashes include:
- Blindspot accidents: 18-wheelers and other large trucks have massive, debilitating blind spots (pictured here). While it is best to avoid these areas at all costs, there are situations in which driving close to a truck is unavoidable. We encourage you to pass as soon as possible and try to make eye contact with the driver in their side mirrors if you can.
- Jackknife accidents: Jackknifes occur when a truck brakes suddenly causing their trailer to swing out to a ninety-degree angle. A jackknifing truck can easily overturn or rollover.
- Rollover accidents: If a trucker loses control of their vehicle, the tractor-trailer can roll over and make both the truck and its cargo a major road hazard.
- Tire blowouts: Tractor-trailers are especially prone to tire blowouts due to their nearly constant use and the weight of the truck.
- Underride accidents: Underride accidents are an incredibly deadly type of crash that happens when a truck abruptly stops, causing approaching vehicles to get stuck under the tractor-trailer.
- Wide turn collisions: Turns can be a difficult manager for truckers. While they are trained in securing the proper clearance before making a turn, a miscalculation or reckless driver can cause the trucker to hit another vehicle.
Rear- and front-end collisions, brake failure, T-bone crashes, and lost cargo loads are also major causes of truck accidents in California and the United States. The best way to avoid a collision or other accidents involving a large commercial truck is to give them a wide berth on the road, stay out of their blind spots, and avoid driving in areas with poor visibility, bad road or weather conditions, and heavy truck traffic when possible.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
At Levitt, Leichenger & Aberle LLP we can help you recover the maximum compensation that you deserve. This can be used to help pay for lost wages, your medical bills, and any pain and suffering you may have experienced as a result of the accident.
Common injuries suffered after truck accidents:
- Head Injuries - traumatic brain injuries (TBI), concussions, whiplash
- Broken Bones
- Back Injuries - spinal cord injuries, herniated discs
- Seatbelt Injuries
- Airbag Injuries
- Internal Injuries
Truck Accident Statistics
Truck crash data to be mindful of according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety includes:
- In 2019, 1,119 people were killed in large truck accidents nationwide.
- Of those fatalities, 67% were occupants of cars and other passenger vehicles, 16% were truck occupants, and 15 % were made up of pedestrians, bicyclists, and motorcyclists.
- The number of people who died in large truck accidents was 31% higher in 2019 than it was in 2009.
- Most truck crashes and deaths occur between the hours of 6 a.m. and 3 p.m. on weekdays.
- Related: Los Angeles County is Rated Most Dangerous for Drivers - Here’s Why
Call Us for the Legal Representation You Deserve
If you or someone you know has been in a truck accident, we can help you determine liability, investigate the crash site to pinpoint the cause, collect evidence and witness and expert testimony to defend your case, and calculate your losses to ensure you receive the maximum amount of compensation you need to recover from such a devastating crash. We understand this is a trying time for you and your loved ones and encourage you to seek the legal help you deserve as soon as possible. We look forward to helping you!
Call (323) 524-2400 now to request your free consultation. ¡Hablamos Español!